Gratuitous cows
I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses Google as a spellchecker. Well, I was unsure about the word 'gratuitous' so I typed it in and this was the top entry. It reminds me of a pub quiz in which our team was asked to identify breeds of cows from their pictures. Unfortunately, the vet in our party had gone home early so we found ourselves trying to describe them to her over the phone (not that I advocate cheating in pub quizzes of course). That was fairly gratuitous.
2 Comments:
I'm very glad I'm working in a private office, just when the cows in that link started moo-ing at me. I literally couldn't hit the back button fast enough! But when I am in a less official space, I suspect everyone I know will be getting cow postcards in their e-mail in-boxes.
I found you through Kim's blog. I used to google for spell checking but I found book marking dictionary.com a lot easier. Unless of course it is some pop-culture topic like how to spell Latoya Jackson (I didn't spell check that one just in case it is wrong). Those kind of things never show up on dictionary.com
Post a Comment
<< Home