Blogging back to life
Guess what? The blog is back online. Yes, as I am about to leave my place of work (for a very secretive organisation which I can't mention) and will soon be completing my law exams for the year, I am going to have plenty of free time to begin posting regularly again. Therefore, I have returned, in the first instance to show my support for Blogging Against Disablism Day on Monday 1st May, and then I will continue, on a more permanent basis, from June.
My blog will have a more varied theme than before. I will still be enlightening / boring you with my views on all things disbility-related, but I will also be writing more generally on politics and current affairs, informed, I hope, partly by my legal studies. It is horrifying the extent to which media coverage has a tendency to distort the law beyond all recognition. Secondly, following Gimpy Mumpy's kind words about my July 7th post, I am going to try to continue my resolution to include a more personal touch in my blogging, helped enormously by the fact that I will no longer be silenced by the powers that be. Finally, as I have no other source of income, I will also document my attempt to make a little bit of money on the side by playing poker. I hope to achieve something between a subsistence-level income and complete payment of my mortgage. And I may have to get a job at some point.
More soon...
4 Comments:
Welcome back to the Blogosphere, James! And thanks for taking part in Blogging Against Disablism Day. :-)
It's good to have you back.
Lady Bracknell cannot remember the last time she was so pleased to see a blog revived.
She is very much looking forward to what she has no doubt will be Mr Medhurst's highly articulate thoughts on Blogging Against Disablism Day.
I'm thrilled, thrilled, thrilled to see you back in action (as you were the one who got me to start in this whole blog thing, after all), and interested to find out that we will be underemployed together...well, after I once again have next to no work, which I expect to happen around the end of May (right after my project is handed in and my Danish exams done with...there's a corollary to Murphy's Law which describes this, I'm sure.) :-)
Welcome back to the world of blogging James, hope you have a good Blogging Against Disablism day on May 1st.
Post a Comment
<< Home