Sex and death
Over the last few days, I've been involved in various discussions about life and death issues, particularly euthanasia. Because I've said a lot about it elsewhere, I won't go over the same ground here at the moment, although no doubt there will be issues that I want to raise in the future. However, I have been struck by the latest anti-smoking advertising campaign and feel the need to comment. It seems to have been decided that men don't care that they might die early of lung cancer but are more concerned about the quality of their erections. As a society, we seem to be getting less and less worried about death and more and more worried about getting laid. How soon before we become like those creatures that procreate solidly for several months and then drop down dead? On the other hand, some people might not even consider that to be a bad thing...
2 Comments:
Pity the man who has rigor mortis for an erection.
My view is that if men want to practise safe sex with their partners they should give up smoking for good, because it can also lead to the woman becoming infertile. Great post James, it's good that you highlight the issue!
I think the advertising campaign a good one because it gives a clear unstanding for men to give up smoking.
Post a Comment
<< Home