More about me
I've noticed that I have begun to reveal more of myself in these posts than I originally intended. Partly I think it is a result of reading the personal revelations of others in their blogs and feeling that I should give a little in return. Anyway, after much deliberation, I have decided to shift the tone of my blog slightly in a first person direction. This doesn't mean that there will be no more wry reflections about the world - this is very much part of my personality - but I will write about myself a bit more as well. Also, you must realise that, being autistic, it is in my nature to be a trifle guarded, so don't expect all of my deepest and scariest feelings to appear on this page. I'm not quite ready for that yet.
I did suggest at one point that self-revelatory writing about autism is nothing but human interest pornography. However, I never said that there is anything wrong with pornography.
3 Comments:
hi James, Great post! Don't worry about shifting it slightly in a first person direction, i am sure your blog won't suffer because of that. Everybody has deeper and scariest feelings, I do but I am beginning with the help of a counsellor to block them out and think more of life.
You sound a great person James, don't let things worry you, From what I read of your blog, your autism sounds like a mild form and an outgoing person comes out from it.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
James, I'd say many disabled people have insights that others don't - and with the world being the way it is, they are worth discussing. I try to write my blog with this in mind.
Perhaps there is a line between offering your insights on a situation, as opposed to posting self pitying stuff with no direction.
I've no doubt you'll know where to place your feet!
AF
Post a Comment
<< Home