Darth Blunkett?
The big mystery about David Blunkett is why a blind man should be so unaware of the discriminaton faced by disabled people in the world of work. Perhaps he has simply been incredibly lucky and has not experienced any himself, which would put him in a tiny minority. However, I suspect that there is a more interesting story to be told - a story in which he was able to put himself in a position of influence by having power over somebody in authority. Maybe there is a dark side to the seemingly innocent Mr. Blunkett, and he has been involved in some unspeakably vile acts in his past (and I don't mean sleeping with Kimberly Quinn). As a consequence, he is frustrated that we aren't prepared to go to the same lengths to beat the system. On the other hand, he might be right. Maybe we should...
5 Comments:
I don't know about unspeakably vile acts, but certainly he has had an exceptional amount of luck to have risen to that level of power (and stayed there, even after his disgrace).
Blunkett always had hard-line right-wing ideas, but at least as Home Secretary, the whole country were watching him with suspicion. The big fear is that in charge of work and pensions, not so many people will consider themselves effected by his actions.
Then there's the fact that he's a disabled man, which some people may consider qualification enough for being in control of the lives of disabled people, however he choses to use that power.
Hi James, I agree with you there saying Blunkett is unaware of discrimination of disabled people.
I think he should do his homework and talk to disabled people about the discrimination they face in society. Or set up afund for people out of work!
Darth Blunkett! Hilarious! I might just steel that if I have your permission? ;)
Err just a quick addition to say that I do know how to spell 'steal' really. Thank you ;)
Don't worry about spelling, Damon. I've lost count of the number of times that I've gone back and re-edited these posts.
Post a Comment
<< Home