Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Bully for them

The coverage of same story in the Sunday Times contained a curious argument. Apparently, autistic children should be excluded from schools to prevent them from being bullied. How about black children, I wonder? If they are beaten up and racially abused, should we exclude them as well? We can take this idea so much further. Maybe victims of crime should be locked up to prevent a repeat of the trauma. People who have been burgled should have their homes taken away, and so on. The nation's crime problems would be solved in a flash.

1 Comments:

At 2:37 am, Blogger Katie said...

Hi James, I agree with your blog post about autistic children. They should not be bullied or prejudiced in society or our schools.
I have an autistic lad in my cookery class, Even though he has trouble and goes off in his own world and does strange things, we don't immediately take him out of our class to be prejudiced against him.
Thanks for putting my blog on yours( Personal Eye View). Where do you work?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home